What can I say?  Patience pays off.

That there is a loom.  Being taken to live somewhere new.  Which just happens to be the same place where I live.

The person who listed it on Craigslist didn’t have a lot of info on the looms so I didn’t know a whole lot about it before I went to see it.  There was one picture of the loom, which did help me determine it was a Macomber, but I didn’t know the weaving width or age.  It looked like an 8-shaft loom, with 10 or 12 treadles.  It isn’t.  It’s a 12-shaft loom with 17 treadles.  I’m going to go out on a limb and guess there’s a treadle missing. It came with a 40″ reed, which doesn’t have much rust at all.  But that’s not all.  It came with a whole boatload of shtuff!

Let’s see what all we have here.  The loom, which has a regular back beam AND a sectional back beam, harnesses and 2 reeds (1 too long for loom, bummer) leaning against the wall, box with about 30 or so pirns, box with spools and some unknown items, 5 boxes (white ones under bench) of 2 oz spools of Lily cotton, the bench with a drawer, pick-up sticks, boat shuttle, 3 end feed shuttles, rag shuttle, books, electric bobbin winder, Leclerc skein winder (or maybe it’s for sectional warping, not sure), and more pick-up sticks and treadle hooks in the drawer.

I told The Man I could easily sell this for more than what I paid.  Hell, I could sell off all the extras and get more than what I paid.  He insists that I keep the loom (like I wasn’t going to, ha!).  I think it’s just because he doesn’t want to ever have to move it again.  That sucker is heavy, even with all the harnesses and sectional beam removed.  Anyway, I’ve got most of the wood cleaned but there’s still more to do, mostly with the metal parts.  When it comes time to weave a real project, I’ll probably have to buy more heddles.  I’ll probably need to get an apron kit for the cloth bar as the strings feel dry and kind of stiff, and possibly have to replace the ones on the back too.  Once those things are all done, I think it’s ready to weave on.